Friday, December 30, 2005

Someone Hit my Patrol Car!

Well today I decided to park my Patrol Car on the street because we have a stop sign in my front yard that no one stops for. I figured that people would probably be much more inclined to stop at the stop sign, if they had a little friendly reminder.

 

Well i was downstairs playing a game with my son, when my wife yells down to me. So I go running up stairs and she tells me that she thinks someone may have just hit my car, because she heard a loud bang, and now there is a pickup out front of our house. I go running out there, and this girl says, I don't think i hurt it i just barley bumped it. .. I'm thinking your driving a large Dodge pickup and you don't think you hurt it. I go take a look and sure enough she smacked the back drivers side door. Caved it in.

 

So at this point I'm pretty mad. I try not to say anything, because the roads are slick, and there is a lot of snow that has just fallen. Anyway, she says I was going really slow, and it just slid into it. Well this requires me to respond and I was pretty rude. I didn't yell or anything i just said well you should have been going slower then. I realize i was pretty rude so after a minute I try to apologize, (not really sure why, just my nature) anyway i apologize, and she is now all offended.

 

I live in the City, and I'm a County officer so I ask my wife to contact the Police department. An Officer that I know well comes out to the scene. He handles the accident, there really is not a problem with the accident, she knew she was at fault. Anyway, because it's a police car there are a lot of cops showing up and I think that also made this girl feel pretty overwhelmed. So she complains to the City officer about how rude i was and tells him i was yelling at her.

 

After she leaves this officer tells me that she might complain about me yelling at her. I told him that i really didn't yell, but so what. She is driving too fast and she runs into a Police car of all things. She should expect to get yelled at. She should expect to get a ticket, which she didn't. Anyway just typing this up is making me mad about it all over again. I have to talk to the Sheriff about it and now I'm going to be driving a Police car with a big damn dent in it. OK it's not that big of a dent but still.

 

LOL.. well i guess this just goes to show you how a car accident can work you up. Oh well. I will get a picture of it on here in a while.

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. GOD, ignorant people! I was pulling a girl over one day, and she stopped right in the middle of the road! I smacked her car from behind. Damn, MY FAULT!!! You know we have all that crap in the patrol car going on, flipping lights, turning on camera, etc....anyway, no damage except my ego! lol At least this one isn\'t on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like your site a lot great video & music! Im an Officer in Little Rock , AR LRPD along w/my Husband. It\'s nice to see a fellow officer have their own site! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If somebody hits my car, I am rude as hell. I mean, after all. Only, it\'s nearly always me hitting them. Which is also a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, i would be pissed off if someone hits my car and said that he/she just bumped it. Anyway, you are doing great job on this site, i hope you do it on streets as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey guys it has been a while since i have been on so yea i was just checking in! Francesca & Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. "An Officer that I know well comes out to the scene. He handles the accident, there really is not a problem with the accident, she knew she was at fault. Anyway, because it\'s a police car there are a lot of cops showing up and I think that also made this girl feel pretty overwhelmed."I love this part. Sounds like a comedy. :)

    ReplyDelete