Thursday, November 3, 2016

Area: Ottawa, KSCompanion: Elder Cox
 
Email address:  kenneth.jensen@myldsmail.net  
 
Mailing Address:
Elder Kenneth Jensen
Missouri Independence Mission
517 W Walnut St
Independence, MO 64050

This week has been full of miracles and fun times. Monday we got to go down to Chanute (my first area) and see some sweet people. It was a ton of fun and it was awesome to see people again. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures. 

On Tuesday the Gardner Elder's water line broke so they slept over at our apartment. That was fun. I will say the result of that night was a squirrel hide, some funny videos, an assortment of flavored chicken (including grape jelly) and a LOT of ice cream. 

We also got to do some service putting up plastic sheeting on a super old house from the 1800s. I had catfish for the first time, which was super good and I carved a pumpkin.

We street contacted someone who apparently is a former investigator and is super friendly toward missionaries and is having us over next week. Then I found someone who used to live in Rigby! Small world.

The wards chili cook off was Saturday and it was super good. There was buffalo chili and chili with cinnamon and I had chili with ghost peppers in it. Basically every redneck, hillbilly thing you could think of, it was probably there. And there were lots of non-members there, some of them were actually pretty interested, so that will be cool. I also got to eat squirrel. Kansas man.

Sunday I was really focused on getting a solid new investigator, and I fasted and prayed. Then right after church we got a text from our zone leaders who said "there is a member whose son just moved to Ottawa with his non-member girlfriend". So we went and met them. The address was right but the name was wrong, but they let us in anyway. They were really nice and willing to have us come back! Prayers are answered.
 
Anyway, this week has been pretty awesome. I am loving it out here. It's a lot of work, but the reward of helping someone is incomprehensible. Thank you for all your support. Keep moving forward.

Elder Jensen

I asked for pictures that included his face since he hasn't sent any for a few weeks - and this is what he sent.....

No comments:

Post a Comment