Saturday, December 3, 2016

Area: Ottawa, KSCompanion: Elder Cox
 
Email address:  kenneth.jensen@myldsmail.net  
 
Mailing Address:
Elder Kenneth Jensen
Missouri Independence Mission
517 W Walnut St
Independence, MO 64050

So this week started off pretty cool. A member asked if we could help him out in picking up some food for a local food drive. Even though it was cutting about 3 hours out of our P-day. We meet him at Walmart and he had the money that was donated. As we start shopping we ran into a less active family and were able to have a good contact with them. Then later we saw an investigator couple and were able to set up an appointment with them. Then a worker asked us why we were dressed up and we were able to explain that we were missionaries, and he had actually lived in Utah for a while but wasn't a member, I didn't know that was possible. Then as we left the same less active lady was leaving and we helped her put her groceries in the car. So yeah the Lord knows his children and places them where they need to be. It was a testimony builder to me that service really opens the gates for so many blessings.

On Wednesday we helped a member rake his leaves. I had never done it before and I didn't realize that it is kinda physically demanding. I didn't really realize it until later that night but I was really tired. I made it through nightly planning, no doubt with the help of the Lord, but then in our prayer to close planning I totally fell asleep. Then I guess Elder Cox just left me there. About 15 min later we were sitting in our chairs writing in our journals and Elder Cox started talking to me and I fell asleep again. So then I just gave up and went to bed.

Thursday for Thanksgiving we were invited to a family's dinner in Lane, Kansas - a town that might have 100 people in it. But it was pretty cool and awkward at the same time because they are the only members in their family so everyone else had no idea who we were, but they were extremely nice and the food was good.

The rest of the week was just trying to contact people and trying to find new investigators. No luck yet but we are doing well with less active members, we had some cool lessons this week as well.

Thank you all for all you do. It is really quite amazing the amount that I have been able to experience. I couldn't trade it for anything.

Elder Jensen

This was a good purchase 


Elder Cox didn't believe me that I could sleep in a bath tub, so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment