Tuesday, December 13, 2016

From: Kenneth Michael Jensen <kenneth.jensen@myldsmail.net>
Date: December 12, 2016 at 9:37:37 AM MST
To: Mindy Jensen <mindyjensen@hotmail.com>, Donald.Roberts@myldsmail.net
Subject: Week 49

This week has been great with some unique stuff. First off we helped an older couple move a fridge and the fridge was literally frozen. The morning was really cold and it had snowed/iced and the Fridge was covered in ice. So that was fun.

I hit my 11 month mark, that's weird.

On Wednesday it SNOWED! Finally. But i was on exchanges in Olathe and didn't expect the snow so i only brought a lite Jacket. And we were in a walk area. Yay!  So we walked all over Olathe and froze to death and preached the gospel. That was cool. I have also learned that humidity just makes things worse, either colder or hotter. So a 11 degrees here (which thats about what it was). It probably feels like about a -5 back home.

We have had a couple cool lessons this week mostly with Less Active members. We have mostly been sharing the Churches new initiative Light the World. Which is awesome and its all about service.

On Saturday we caught a ride with a member up to Olathe for the Stake Leadership meeting and then the Adult session of stake conference. And at the adult session Matt Pennington, a man i had the privilege to teach and help join the church, was asked to bear his testimony, And it was very powerful. It has had an amazing impact in the way i view my calling and knowing what one missionary, as he is guided and really is just a tool for the Lord to do his work. It is amazing.

Then on Sunday the Fishers a couple in the Ottawa ward were asked to bear there testimonies, and although i was transferred into Ottawa the just 5 days after there baptism, i feel a sense of responsibility for them, I have been able to help them an new converts entering into a brand new world and being the person they can answer questions and seek council. I feel a great source of joy from our union. Nothing has brought me more happiness that seeing someone change there lives and come to a knowledge that God loves them and they are where they need to be.

I am reminded of D&C 15:6 where the Lord tells us the thing that will be of greatest worth to us.
"6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen."

I know of no better place to be than in a place where we can affect the lives of others in a positive way. I know that this is the true church. That Jesus is the Christ and it is only because of His Atoning sacrifice that we may become perfected and live as a family with our Father in Heaven again. I have seen the joy that comes to people as they change, I have seen it when people have the "light bulb" moment when everything makes sense and i cannot describe the feeling that comes and the happiness and the honor i feel to have a friendship with these people. And i cannot wait for the time that we may rest with them in the kingdom of our Father.

Thank you all for the support that you have given me you all are examples to me.

Make it a good one,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment