Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 88

From: "Kenneth Michael Jensen" <kenneth.jensen@myldsmail.net>
To: "Mindy Jensen" <mindyjensen@hotmail.com>
Subject: Week 88 - I got Transferred!

Ok this week has all kinda been a blur and it feels like a lot has happened.
 We helped a family move a Big piano. It was one of the old ones from the early 1900s. Luckily there we were in a trio so we had an extra set of hands.

On Tuesday night we received word that both Elder Denney and I will be transferred this week. So we spent pretty much all of Wednesday saying goodbye to people and packing.

Thursday was crazy! We went to transfers and found out that I am got transferred to the Raytown ward in the Independence stake, I made it to Zion :)  My new companion is Elder Merrill, he is from American Fork Utah, and has been out for 20 months. It has been a ton of fun and a lot of learning new things. We have the independence visitors center in our zone now and I went from the smallest zone (7 companionships) to the biggest ( 15 companionships) so it has been interesting trying to figure out how it all works here.

Friday was awesome, we got to help out at the Stone Church in Independence. It is the Community of Christ's (used to the the RLDS) equivalent of the assembly hall in Salt Lake City. They are having a garage sale and had us sort a bunch of old books they are selling. They let us take what we wanted from the pile, so I got an old copy of the RLDS version of the Book of Mormon.  That's pretty cool.

Saturday we had a special all mission conference.  Elder D. Todd Christofferson from the quorum of the 12 apostles, and Elder Andersen, and Elder Wakolo from the quorum of the seventy came. They all spoke to us and trained us. It was awesome! He talked about how the Atonement of Jesus Christ is the Power/Grace of Jesus Christ. They are one and the same.

Then on Sunday we had a stake conference where Elder Andersen and Elder Rosen( the area 70) came and spoke to the stake. Also amazing.

I am excited to be here, Raytown is a strange place and much different than my other areas but it should be good. Thank you all for the work you do. The mission has been the best thing I could've done in my life. Thanks!

Elder Denney, Bro Untch, and me

image1.PNG

image1.JPG
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment